Discover Planeta Winery - tasting experiences at the Cantina Ulmo in Menfi
- Planeta is a reality that brings together 5 vineyards and wineries in the most important wine regions of Sicily
- Cantina Ulmo is the stronghold of the Planeta network: the first winery to arise in the mid-80s in a place full of memories and history
- Choose from 8 different tasting experiences offered by Cantina Ulmo
Planeta brings together five estates with wineries located from west to east throughout Sicily. It is also a new way of thinking and conceptualizing a trip to Sicily, marked by the discovery of the particularities of each place. Menfi, Vittoria, Noto, Etna and Capo Milazzo: 5 stops to learn about, part of the "continent of wine" that is the Trinacria region visible from Planeta.
Ulmo was the beginning of the Planeta story and journey. In the mid-80s the first vineyards were planted around the 16th-century estate, which has always been owned by the Planeta family: an enchanted place full of memories from which a new future has grown. On the shores of Lake Arancio and close to its woods, in a landscape of great charm, in 1995 the first winery was built.
At Cantina Ulmo you can choose between 8 tasting experiences to discover a 360° understanding of Planeta and Sicily:
- Viaggio in Sicilia: 5 wines, 1 per territory (Menfi, Vittoria, Noto, Etna and Capo Milazzo) + 3 oils + snacks
- Viaggio in Sicilia - Grand Tour: 5 wines, 1 per territory + 3 oils + lunch
- Planeta's Seasons: 4 wines + 3 oils + snacks + lunch
- Exploring Nero d’Avola: 4 wines + 3 oils + snacks
- Exploring Nero d’Avola - Grand Tour: 4 wines + 3 oils + snacks + lunch
- Wine and Landscape: visit to the winery with a walk / tasting 4 wines + snacks*
- Casa Planeta: 4 wines + 3 oils + snacks + traditional local lunch
- Wine Happy Hour: winery visit + snacks + 3 wines + 3 oils
* In case of adverse weather the service will be canceled and replaced with the Viaggio in Sicilia option
Contrada Ulmo, 92017 Sambuca di Sicilia AG
For some of the tasting experiences to take, a minimum number of participants is required:
- Planeta's Seasons min 8 people
- Planeta House min 8 people
- Wine Happy Hour min 20 people
Each experience has different availability of days and times. Choose directly from the calendar to see which experiences are available on the day of your interest.
- Wine Happy Hour: from the third week of July to the end of August, Thursdays at 7.00pm.
- Viaggio in Sicilia: For the months of March, April, May, June, September and October at 11.00am from Monday to Saturday. Tuesdays and Thursdays only during the 1st, 2nd and 3rd week of March. For the months of March, April, May, June, September and October at 4.00pm on Monday and Tuesday and then from Thursday to Saturday. For the months of July and August from Monday to Saturday at 11.00am and 5.00pm On Thursdays at 11.00am only during the first and second week of July.
- Viaggio in Sicilia - Grand Tour: For the months of March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October at 11.00am on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Wine and Landscape: For the months of March (from 4 weeks onwards), April, May, June, September, October at 11.00am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Exploring Nero d'Avola: For the months of March, April, May, June, September and October at 4.00pm only on Wednesdays.
- Exploring Nero d'Avola - Grand Tour: For the months of March, April, May, June, September and October at 11.00am only on Wednesdays.
- Casa Planeta: For the months of March, April, May, June, September and October at 11.00am from Monday to Saturday.
- Planeta's Seasons: For the months of March, April, May, June, September and October at 11.00am on Mondays and Fridays. For the months of July and August at 11.00am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
¡Regálate un verdadero viaje al pasado, a una historia que te dejará sin aliento! El Parque Arqueoló...
Agrigento se instala en la acrópolis de la antigua ciudad griega. Su plan urbano combina 25 siglos d...
El Valle de los Templos es un yacimiento arqueológico en Agrigento (Akragas en griego antiguo), Sici...
El Parque Arqueológico y Paisajístico del Valle de los Templos en Agrigento es un sitio arqueológico...
El Valle de los Templos es un sitio arqueológico en Agrigento (antiguo griego Akragas), Sicilia. Es ...
El sitio arqueológico de Eraclea Minoa se extiende a lo largo de un promontorio blanco, con vistas a...