Garden District, Lafayette Cemetery and Magazine St. Tour
- Discover the famous Garden District of New Orleans with an experienced guide
- Walk along Magazine Street and to the Irish Channel with its notable “shotgun houses”
- Learn all about the history, culture and architecture of New Orleans
New Orleans’ Garden District is one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in the nation, next to it is bustling Magazine Street.
If you’re looking to explore outside of the French Quarter area, and see how our people live and have lived, this excursion is perfect for you or your group. After that, a stop in Lafayette Cemetery, the oldest city-owned cemetery. You’ll learn the burial practices and traditions that make our cemeteries unique.
Then, during the tour, you’ll set eyes on the current residences of New Orleanians Anne Rice, Sandra Bullock, and John Goodman. You’ll see houses featured in movies such as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. As well, you’ll see the Buckner Mansion of American Horror Story fame.
Included in this tour is a stroll along beautiful Magazine Street, historically the line between the rich and working class of NOLA. As well we’ll walk a few blocks from Magazine into the Irish Channel where you’ll see our famous “shotgun houses.”
The Garden District was founded in 1832, between St. Charles Avenue, First Street, Magazine Street and Toledano Street. Originally its own city, it was annexed by New Orleans in 1852. You’ll learn more about this and other historic facts as you see the neighborhood’s gorgeous mansions and their notable large, opulent lawns.
- 1.5 - 2 hour walking tour with professional guide
- Personal expenses
- Children 5 years and under: free
- Children 6-12 years of age: reduced
- Seniors 65+: reduced
2800 St Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70115
- Tour is designed to be 1.5 hours, but can run up to 2 hours
- Check in is 15 minutes prior to start
- Tour is about a mile and half walk
- Tours go on rain or shine
- Tour does not end where tour starts
- Guest will be helped after the tour with directions to where they are going next
Every day at 10.00am
Eche un vistazo a la historia de los Estados Unidos y visite 2 de las 3 prominentes casas de plantac...
Experimente la belleza intemporal del sur de Luisiana en un barco de pantano construido a medida. Gu...
Disfrute de un recorrido de 5 horas que combina una visita a una plantación de River Road y un cruce...
En los terrenos de Oak Alley, disfrute de un suntuoso Brunch de Plantation Country que incluye Crawf...
El barco fluvial de la ciudad de Nueva Orleans te llevará con estilo por el Mississippi más allá del...
Explore Nueva Orleans en un fantástico recorrido en autobús turístico con un pase de 1 o 3 días. La ...