Statue of Liberty tour with pedestal access and Ellis Island
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Statue of Liberty, including special access to the statue pedestal
- Visit Ellis Island and follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants
- Walk the Stairs of Separation and hear tales at the American Immigrant Wall of Honor
Meet NYC’s most famous lady up close and in person on our Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour.
Start the tour with a little context, visiting the sites around Battery Park. The memorials here rarely get the attention they deserve, from visitors rushing past to board the ferry. The stories they have to tell are well worth hearing though, so we’ll spare some time for the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then it’s off to Liberty Island, with priority boarding to get you the best seats on the ferry – and since you leave so early (often on the first ferry, depending on the time of year) you’ll arrive at the Statue before the crowds. Once there, you’ll enjoy stunning views back over the city and a guided tour that takes you right into the pedestal.
Here your guide will teach you a little about the city’s greatest icon. Gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects including Gustav Eiffel (whose Parisian Tower you may be familiar with), Lady Liberty wasn’t as warmly received as you would think.
Then it’s back on the ferry and on to Ellis Island, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants: The Island of Hope and The Island of Tears. Together you’ll explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays, asking all the questions you want of your expert guide. Your tour ends in Ellis Island, so you can stay a little longer if you’d like, or head back on the ferry with your guide.
With groups of 20 people or fewer and early morning ferries to the islands, your tour will be peaceful and relaxed, removing the stress and frustrations of the average visit and with an expert guide on hand, you’re certain to learn a thing or two, getting more from your experience than you would have on your own.
- Statue of Liberty Museum and Pedestal
- Ellis Island Museum
- Castle Clinton National Monument
- Pier A Harbor House (exterior)
- American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial
- The Sphere
- New York Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Expert local tour guide
- Statue of Liberty Pedestal tickets
- Fully guided Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum tour
- All pre-reserved ferry tickets between Battery Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Children (4-12 years)
- Infants (0-3 years): free (no reservation required)
New York Korean War Veterans Memorial, New York, NY 10004, USA
If you are arriving by foot, the front entrance is Pier A Harbor House, located at 22 Battery Place, placed to the right of Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton.
If you are arriving by taxi, tell the driver Pier A Harbor House in Battery Park near the Statue of Liberty ferry.
If you are arriving by subway, take the (4) or (5) to Bowling Green, or (1) or (R) to Rector Street. Walk towards the water, and Pier A Harbor House is to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton.
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure
- Please note, early access to the Statue of Liberty and arrival before the crowds is only applicable if 8.30am/9.00am departure is selected
- The ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions. When this occurs, an alternative option is provided
- Tour participants must be able to climb 215 stairs from Statue lobby to the top of the Pedestal
- Although both Liberty Island and Ellis Island are wheelchair-accessible, pedestal access to the Statue is not possible due to the narrow space of the pedestal. Elevator can only fit six people at a time
- Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty
- Please note that you will need to pass through airport-style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted, and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer here to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items
Baz Luhrmann's 2001 hit jukebox film makes its way to the Broadway stage in this thrilling theatrica...
The beloved classic by Harper Lee finally arrives on Broadway in a new, adapted production by Aaron ...
Visit downtown NYC landmarks including Wall Street, New York Stock Exchange and House of Morgan. Pos...
Take a live-guided, 70-minute walking tour with an expert well-versed in the building of Rockefeller...
Scored for an enormous orchestra, the tone poem Symphonia Domestica depicts daily events and family ...
Travel to Brooklyn and enjoy an exciting game of basketball at the Barclays Center! Active since 201...