Cultural tour of Plovdiv's Old Town
- See the most famous landmark in Plovdiv – its Ancient Roman Theatre
- Tour the historic house-museums Balabanov House, Hindliyan House and Klianti House
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the city from atop Nebet Tepe
The Old Town of Plovdiv is an architectural museum, offering a glimpse of what the city was like in past centuries. Many of the houses there once belonged to Plovdiv elite, and today they have been converted to historic house-museums that preserve the memory of its past.
On the way to the Old Town, you will pass the so-called Yellow school – Bulgaria’s very first high school, the Roman Theatre, and the Paldin restaurant, where you can stop for a short break. Next, you will walk past several antique shops where you can stop to browse and take a closer look at the tiny pieces of the past on display. Then you will walk towards Hisar Kapia, a medieval gate built in the 11th century AD. See the house of Dimitar Georgiadi, the house of Nicholas Nedkovitch, before continuing to Stramna street, also known as the Street of Folk Arts and Handcrafts.
Visit the Plovdiv Regional Ethnographic Museum, which houses a collection of 40 000 cultural artifacts offering a unique look into the lifestyle of the people who inhabited this region in the past. After a tour of the museum, ascend to the peak of Nebet Tepe (or Nebet hill), from which you’ll be able to enjoy a panoramic view of the northern side of Plovdiv.
See the most famous houses in the Old Town. Balabanov House is known for its impressive architecture, furniture, wall paintings, intricate wood carvings on the ceilings and other artworks. The Hindliyan House is a stunning example of Symmetrical Plovdiv Architecture. With its Neo-Baroque design, intricate ceilings and the detailed landscapes hand painted on its walls, it is the most richly ornamented of all preserved houses in the Old Town.
- Tour guide
- A combined ticket for 5 museums
- Entrance fees for any museum not included in the combined ticket
- Food and drinks
Ramada hotel, bul. "Tsar Boris III Obedinitel" 120, 4000 Tsentar, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
At the time of booking, please select a pick-up point between Ramada hotel and Plovdiv Airport.
- The tour takes you to all the major landmarks in the Old Town. Which museums you want to enter is up to you. You will be advised which ones are a definite must-see
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable shoes
- Tour runs daily between 11.00am and 1.00pm
- You can request to start the tour at your preferred time
- After your booking confirmation, you need to contact the tour provider to confirm your starting time
Begin the tour with the famous Old Town of Plovdiv. Continue down Stramna street, also known as the ...
Start your tour from Vasil Levski Museum, where you can admire artworks related to his life and lega...
Enjoy a fun-charged night at a traditional salsa club, where the local Salsa experts practice and sh...
Let your guide take you to the creative art side of the town where the fun doesn’t stop. The guide i...
Start the tour by visiting an artisan bakery where you will try banitsa, which is a pastry filled wi...
Go kayaking downstream in quick-flowing waters, feel the rush of adrenaline and enjoy the nature. Fe...