Capitoline Museums skip-the-line guided tour
- Admire the wonderful sculptures inside the Capitoline Museums
- Walk inside the beautiful St Mary Basilica of Aracoeli
- See the impressive Piazza del Campidoglio, where the two buildings meet
- Learn the history of this famous site designed by Michelangelo
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing journey in the history of this fabulous complex, Capitoline Hill, Capitoline Museum and St Mary of Aracoeli Basilica.
A visit to the famous Capitoline Hill is a must-do in Rome. Your professional guide will tell you how the building of the Capitoline began.
Created with the criteria of a project by Michelangelo, this is the first square of modern Rome and it rises on the Capitol Hill (Capitolium), where there used to be a village and several temples dedicated to the Roman deities. Pope Paul III asked Michelangelo to lay out the square. Today, the famous Piazza del Campidoglio still shows a wonderful stylistic unity.
Next, step into the Santa Maria in Ara Coeli which was built on the ruins of the Tempio di Giunone Moneta in the VI century B.C. and it raises on the highest peak of the Campidoglio Hill. Its name comes from a legend according to which a sibyl supposedly forecasted to Augusto the advent of God’s son, saying 'Haec est ara filii Dei'. Reach the top and take in the wonderful view over the city of Rome with the domes of Sant'Andrea della Valle and world-famous St Peter's Basilica.
- 3-hour guided tour to the Capitoline Museums and Basilica of St Mary of Aracoeli
- Professional, licensed guide
- Admission fees to the Capitoline Museums
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop off
Piazza del Campidoglio, 1, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio, under the Marco Aurelio statue. Your guide will be holding a Mea Tours sign.
- Please cover shoulders and knees when you enter the Basilica of St Mary of Aracoeli
- The tour in all languages start at 4.00pm
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Discover Rome's immense history and culture in a brand new way: Vox City Guide is a state-of-the-art...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Dengue Dengue Dengue Germano Ventura Dreaming is n...