Colosseum and Roman Forum guided tour for small groups
- More attention from your guide with small groups (max 12)
- Avoid long queues at Rome’s most popular attractions
- Explore the passageways gladiators walked to reach the arena
- A great way to understand the many ruins of Rome
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an expert professional guide. Be prepared to discover:
- The history of the Colosseum, its location and contexts
- The evidence of Nero’s great fire
- The construction and architecture of the building
- The grisly detail of the games and the gladiators
- The Colosseum from multiple viewpoints and how it functioned
- The truth about the many myths surrounding the place
- The Arch of Constantine
- The Palatine Hill, where emperors built their palaces and Romulus fought Remus
- The Forum’s many buildings and historic layers explained
- The Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Septimius Severus, and the Curia
Your guide will leave the group in the central area of the Forum, where you can relax and take pictures, continuing the visit on your own, or moving on.
(Download this pdf for the initial meeting point).
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets and reservation fee to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Officially-licensed English or Italian-speaking guide (expert in archaeology and art history)
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Child (0-18)
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Meet at Via dei Fori Imperiali in front of the newspaper stand at the exit of the Metro B, station Colosseum
- Please note: due to mandatory security metal detector checks, the waiting time at the entrance line to the Colosseum is about 90 minutes. The "skip-the-line" tickets allow you to skip the ticket purchasing line, not the mandatory security checks.
- The tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternative date for your booking
- The provider is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, union meetings, bad weather, etc.
- Amendments and cancellation can only be made 72 hours prior to the booked time and date
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9.30 am
- From the 3rd of May tours will start at 8.30 am
- The tour does not run on the first Sunday of each month
- Meet at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour
- Free admission for the first Sundays of the month will now be limited to the months of January to March and October to December.
- The following days you can access the site with free admission and without advance sale: 9 May, 5 June, 29 June, 23 September, 4 October, 4 November
- Free admission without advance sale is also provided on the last Thursday of May-June (30 May; 27 June) and September-November (26 September; 31 October; 28 November) for the last three hours of opening of the sites.
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: vip entrance or vip entrance + audioguide...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Il nostro tour guidato con accesso salta fila ai siti archeologici, in sole tre ore, ti permetterà d...
See the main monuments of Ancient Rome on a 3-hour, small group tour. Travel back to the days of the...
Reúnase con su guía en nuestra oficina de la Ciudad del Vaticano. A sólo unos pasos se le concederá ...