Exclusive Catacombs guided tour after closing with Bone Chapel
- Enter the Roman Catacombs of San Sebastiano after closing time
- Visit the Capuchin Bone Chapel with a small group of maximum 18 people
- Learn the history of Roman burial rites and early Christianity
Become one of the first people ever to explore the Roman Catacombs after normal closing hours when you descend in the Catacombs of San Sebastiano at night to learn the history of Roman burial rites and early Christianity.
Your tour starts in the Capuchin Crypt, better known as the “Bone Chapel”, because it is festooned with the mortal remains of some 4,000 deceased monks. Your expert guide will explain the monks’ interesting beliefs on life and death which have motivated the creation of such a macabre memorial. Afterwards, you’ll hop on a private, air-conditioned minibus and head to the Catacombs of San Sebastiano. The bodies might be gone, but that doesn’t mean you won’t feel a thrill of excitement as you become one of the first people to descend into the Catacombs after closing since the era of Imperial Rome.
After your Catacombs visit your private transport will drop you back to the point where you met in central Rome, convenient for the metro and restaurants.
- San Sebastiano after closing
- Capuchin Crypt
- Exclusive after-hours entrance to Rome Catacombs
- Tickets for Capuchin Crypt & Museum
- Private, air-conditioned transport
- Small groups of max 18 people
- Expert tour guide
- Gratuities Hotel
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12)
Piazza Barberini, 15, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
In Piazza Barberini, just by the fountain in the middle of the square.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Sites on this itinerary include holy places, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. It is sufficient to bring extra coverings with you and put them on before our entrance to the holy areas.
- Photography is not allowed in the sites visited on this tour, due to their religious nature.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Meeting Time: 5:45 pm
- Departure Time: 6:00 pm
This tour will take you underground, exploring the insolit part of history of Rome, up to the core o...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
NOTE: DUE TO A COMPLETE CLOSURE AT THE HOUSES OF AUGUSTUS & LIVIA, WE ARE SUBSTITUTING THESE SITES W...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line gro...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
This unforgettable tour of the crypts and catacombs that lay under the modern city of Rome offers ex...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
This is the tour for people who want to see everything and get the total Vatican experience. With an...
More than three thousand pieces, including paintings, sculptures, drawings and engravings are part o...