Pienza, Montalcino and Tuscan countryside: day trip from Rome with lunch and wine tasting
- Witness incredible views over Tuscany, picturesque winding streets and gourmet shopping
- Visit an organic farm and enjoy a homemade meal of regional delicacies
- Climb the walls of the famous Montalcino Castle
- Tour an award-winning vineyard with a guided tasting of famous Tuscan wines
- Explore the ancient Tuscan hill towns of Pienza and Montalcino
- Enjoy an intimate group of 18 people or fewer
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. To help make it more manageable, we’ve decided to pack it all into the perfect day trip, our Tuscany day trip from Rome.
The day starts when your expert, English-speaking tour leader picks you up in Rome in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle and whisks you off to the Tuscan countryside. Your first stop is the UNESCO world heritage hill town of Pienza. Here you’ll wander the beautiful streets, seeing views over the countryside and shopping for food and wine if you wish. Your tour leader will introduce you to traditional Tuscan delicacies like pecorino cheese and wild boar, and point out the best ceramics stores.
Next, we’ll be heading over to an organic, family-run farm. After a tour of the farm, including a chat with the resident cheesemaker, you'll get to some time to sit down for a Tuscan feast of local, seasonal ingredients straight from the fields. The meal is capped off with a full tasting of the farm’s best sheep and goat’s milk cheeses with homemade honeys and jams. In between chats with the farm owners you will sip on local wines and enjoy incredible views over the famous Val d’Orcia region.
After lunch you’ll go to Montalcino, a hill town famous, among many other things, for its beautiful castle. With special, extended access tickets you can climb the lookout towers and gape at the views of the surrounding countryside or snap off a few pictures that will be the envy of all your friends back home.
To end the day you’ll visit an award-winning vineyard for a guided tour of the vines and wine cellar. And what would a visit to a Tuscan vineyard be without a full tasting? Try a taste of some of the region’s best wines and feel free to buy a bottle or two (once again, with no obligation) to stash in your bag.
We won’t spoil a perfect day with a large group. Enjoy an intimate group of 18 people or fewer with an expert, English-speaking leader to facilitate your journey and make introductions as well as an expert driver who knows the country roads better than anyone. Our goal is to give you a truly Italian experience that will leave you hankering for Tuscany long after you’ve returned home.
- Pienza Town
- Organic farm in Val d’Ocia
- Montalcino Castle
- Renowned vineyard in the Montalcino region
- Round trip transportation from Rome with professional driver
- Expert, English-speaking tour leader
- A homemade meal of regional Tuscan specialties including bread, olive oil, sheep and goat cheeses, honey, and jams
- Wine tastings at Montalcino vineyard
- Special access ticket to climb Montalcino Castle Walls
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
This tour meets on in front of Bar L' Angolo on Piazzale Flaminio Nr.16 (corner of Via Flaminia), next door to the Supermarket.
- As this tour includes lunch, please be sure to notify us at the time of booking of any food allergies or preferences that you have
- Please note that, due to space restrictions on our buses, we are unable to accommodate wheelchairs and strollers on this tour. If you are traveling with an infant, please contact us in advance
- Meeting time: 7.00am
- Departure time: 7.15am
Take a break from the Italian capital and its chaotic streets to go on a one day Tuscan holiday. Thi...
Coming to a city as (wonderfully) chaotic as Rome can be daunting. We want to give you a warm, Itali...
If you consider yourself a food lover, this tour is for you! Take a walking tour around Rome and its...
Take a walk with through Rome’s most beautiful piazzas at sundown while you discover the best spots ...
Feel like a local as an Italian chef welcomes you to a private Roman apartment, teaching you how to ...
There's no better way to start off an evening in Rome than with an authentic wine and cheese tasting...
Enjoy the genuine Roman lifestyle during an experience dedicated to traditional food and wine, beaut...
Explore the local market and the historic food shops of Rome and buy the best seasonal ingredients f...
Spend a full morning exploring the most sensational palace of Florence in a small group with an expe...
More than 500 years ago, Leonardo da Vinci designed flying machines, robots, submarines, an underwat...