Rome: twilight city stroll and gelato tasting
- Visit the most famous sites in Rome in just 2.5 hours
- See the historical Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps
- Walk from the beautiful Piazza Navona to the iconic Pantheon
- Sample a delicious and typical gelato in the heart of Rome
Coming to a city as (wonderfully) chaotic as Rome can be daunting. We want to give you a warm, Italian welcome and get you set up for the rest of your visit. Intimate groups of 15 people or fewer will guarantee easy access to your guide and the opportunity to ask anything you might want to know; from why Raphael is buried under the Pantheon, to where you can get the best pizza, or whether you should tip your waitress.
We’ll start our tour in Piazza Navona, less of a plaza than a grand outdoor art gallery. You’ll learn about the political intrigues surrounding Bernini’s Fountain of Four Rivers as well as some of the artistic in-jokes that he carved into the stone.
Next, we’ll head into our favorite site in Rome; the 1,900 year old Pantheon. In the early evening this marvel from Antiquity is much less crowded than during the day and your guide will take full advantage of the serenity to tell you about the history of the iconic dome.
After your visit of the Pantheon we’ll stop off for a scoop of gelato – Italy’s legendary answer to ice cream — included in the price of the tour. Next, we’ll stroll to the iconic Trevi Fountain. Your friendly, expert guide will explain the history and lore of the fountain before instructing you on how many coins to toss in depending on what wish you are hoping to fulfill (throw enough in and you might meet your soul mate!)
We’ll finish our evening stroll at the famous Spanish Steps. Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck fans will recognize this spot from ‘A Roman Holiday’ - here they bumped into each other.
- Piazza Navona
- Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers
- Pantheon (except on Sundays due to early closure)
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Small groups of max 15 people
- Gelato (1 per person)
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Viale della Trinità dei Monti, 1, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- Meeting Point: In front of the Brazilian Embassy in Piazza Navona (under the Brazilian flag).
- Directions: The Brazilian Embassy is located in the Palazzo Pamphili building, which is a Palace facing the southern end of Piazza Navona close to the Fountain "del Moro". We meet just in front of the the Embassy under the Brazilian flag.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- The Pantheon may be closed during special celebrations/festivities. If this occurs during your visit, your guide will give you the explanation from the outside.
- Please note that on Sundays the Pantheon is closed, so you will see it only from the outside.
- March - October 2018: 5:00 pm (meet strictly at 4:45 pm)
- November 2018 - February 2019: 4:00 pm (meet strictly at 3:45 pm)
- March - October 2019: 5:00 pm (meet strictly at 4:45 pm)
Tasting is offered in a traditional Enoteca (Wine Bar) located in the heart of Rome close to the Col...
Modern Rome, the capital of Italy, has been said to have one foot in the past and one in the present...
Leave Rome in the morning and get ready to reach the Roman countryside. Once in Borgo, a medieval vi...
Enjoy Rome like never before during this unique private tour. All exclusively for you and your frien...
Enjoy a delicious Roman meal in the center of Rome, in a beautiful and typical restaurant near Piazz...
Join this food and wine walk, discover the city center's main highlights and monuments, a enjoy a nu...
Meet your guide and embark on your tour, start by visiting "Piazza di Spagna" with its famous 135 Sp...
Leave Rome heading to Orvieto, a small village in Umbria which usually stuns its visitors from the v...
If you want to experience the Sistine Chapel – Michelangelo’s world-famous iconic masterpiece - befo...
On this all-inclusive day trip you’ll enjoy the very best of the Amalfi Coast without having to worr...