Shuttle bus to the Roman underground Catacombs
- Discover one of the largest catacombs in Rome and with its 17 km of tunnels and corridors
- Learn about the life of the early Christian communities
- Enjoy an entertaining and instructive ancient Rome multimedial video
Reach and visit the catacombs with an audio-guided shuttle bus ride. You can depart from the center of the city and reach the site, where you'll discover one of the largest catacombs in Rome and with its 17 km of tunnels and corridors divided into 4 different levels, for a total of 150,000 burials, and a semi-subterranean Basilica.
You'll get to know more about the life of Christian communities of the early centuries, all the while admiring their architectural testimony, untouched over the centuries: symbolic decorations of stone fragments and magnificent frescoes, a sign of the cult of the martyrs buried in this cemetery.
- Shuttle bus round trip from the city center to the Roman catacombs
- 15 min ancient Rome multimedial video
- Entrance ticket to the Roman Catacombs
- Guided tour within the Catacombs available in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and German), about 40 minutes
- Food and drinks
- Pick up service
- Children (6-17): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Piazza d'Ara Coeli 16, Rome.
Touristation Colosseum and Forum.
- Due to the delicate nature of the site, travelers cannot visit the catacombs independently; all visits must be part of a guided group or private tour. The guided tour is included in the price
- Catacomb tours are not recommended for travelers who suffer from claustrophobia
- The Catacombs are a sacred site: guests should dress appropriately. Please make sure that your shoulders and thighs are covered
- Bring a light jacket with you, as it can get cold underground
- If you select the tour on Wednesday you'll be visiting the Santa Domitilla Catacombs. The rest of the week the San Callisto Catacombs will be visited
- Unfortunately, the tour is not accessible to visitors in wheelchairs or with severe motor disabilities
- The tour includes a long-distance walk, stairs and climbing; we recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- Every day
- Departures at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
Discover a secret world beneath the streets of Rome on this 3-hour coach tour of the Catacombs of St...
Meet your guide in Piazza Navona, take a walk through the bustling square, the underground archaeolo...
This tour for small groups (maximum 15 people) allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican ...
Enjoy the Tiber River Cruise with a Wine Bar on the boat. Have an unforgettable evening, experiencin...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: vip entrance or vip entrance + audioguide...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Enjoy a relaxing panoramic tour of Rome by bus and discover the magical charm of the most famous mon...
Experience the beauty of Rome at night, traveling by golf cart to some of the city’s most beautiful ...
Follow your guide inside the wonderful St John Lateran. The sculptures inside will blow your eyes an...