Vatican Museums highlights for families
- Special 2-hour tour designed for families with children aged 7-12
- Fast track access to enter the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Crafted props, visual aids and learning activities, all specifically developed for your kids' engagement
The Vatican Museums are an absolute must-see for tourists of any age coming to Rome, so if you’re wondering whether your kids are going to get the most out of it look no further. This fantastic guided visit for the whole family starts with our special partners' skip the line entry, a 2-hour itinerary designed especially for families with children aged 7-12, careful explanations of some of the world’s best art, as well as specific activities and materials that your children are going to love.
Your family tour will begin as you walk straight past the huge lines. Your kids will still be full of energy and burning with curiosity as you step into the museum for a specially prepared visit with a passionate guide who is full of insight, stories and games that will keep your children engaged for an experience that is both educational and fun at the same time.
Your expert guide will delight you with a rich narrative that covers not only the Vatican’s timeless masterpieces, but also the history of the Papacy itself. Your young travelers will embark on a journey they will never forget as they explore with their expert guide and imagination to lead them. See the Pope-mobile, the wonders of ancient Egypt, the Gallery of Maps and trace Michelangelo's inspiration through the Vatican's original collection that led to some of the most important figures in the Sistine Chapel ceiling and Last Judgment frescoes.
After the tour ends inside the majesty of the Sistine Chapel, your guide will show you and your family where to gain direct skip the line access to St. Peter's Basilica, which you will be able to explore at your own pace to see more treasures, like Michelangelo's Pietà.
Thanks to this handpicked itinerary, specific activities focused on making sure your kids get the most out of their Vatican experience and special attention from your expert guide, this fun and informative tour is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- Skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Tour as per description
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (4-14 years): reduced
- Infants (0-3 years): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Operating Days: Monday, Thursday, Saturday
- Meeting Time: 10:00 am
- Departure Time: 10:15 am
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
No place in the world sparks your imagination like the Colosseum. With a rich history of emperors, g...
Your tour starts in the middle of it all, as your friendly guide will be waiting for you right outsi...
This is the tour for people who want to see everything and get the total Vatican experience. With an...
This unique day trip will give you the chance to experience this wonderful UNESCO recognized landsca...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: vip entrance or vip entrance + audioguide...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Visit Pompeii in half a day – saving hours of time compared with bus tours!This half-day tour will d...
Get VIP treatment with your own Private Ancient Rome Tour as you skip all the lines and enjoy the pr...