Small group hill towns of Veneto day trip from Venice
- Wander around picturesque hill towns at the foothills of the Dolomites
- Visit the Medieval Marostica, Bassano del Grappa and Asolo
- Drive along the Prosecco wine road and a enjoy a wine tasting
Escape the crowds of Venice with a day-tour excursion to explore the captivating region of Veneto. Stroll around enchanting hill towns, savor the delicious cuisine and famous wines of Veneto region and visit a famous Renaissance country estate designed by Andrea Palladio.
After traveling along the scenic back, visit medieval Marostica, with its imposing fortified castle and giant chess-board permanently laid-out in the town square, where the famous living game of chess is played every two years. The game revolves around a legend, dating from the 15th century when the fate of one young lady was decided on the outcome of a game of chess. While at Marostica, enjoy some free time walking around this lovely small town.
You'll then visit the picturesque town of Bassano del Grappa, featuring a magnificent Palladian bridge, crossing the mighty Brenta river. Enjoy a walk around its narrow streets, spacious squares and at spectacular viewpoints, enjoy superb views over the surrounding hills and mountains. Here, you'll also have the chance to sample some of the local firewater - "Grappa" (optional). Bassano is also a shopper's paradise famous for its ceramics produced in town, porcini mushrooms and other local delicacies. You can take the opportunity to do some shopping during your free time.
The last hill town you'll visit is the enchanting and elegant Asolo, the pearl of Veneto, perched on lush-green hills. Along with its delightful gardens, palatial villas, beautiful renaissance palaces, the spectacular views of the surrounding countryside have inspired poets and writers over the centuries, the likes of Robert Browning and Freya Stark.
A true gem with a lovely castle and an imposing fortress, you'll fall in love with the peaceful atmosphere of this town, one among the "most beautiful borghi" of Italy. After lunch in a typical trattoria (optional), you'll continue your tour visiting a Palladian Villa designed by Andrea Palladio.
Visit Villa Barbaro (Tue-Sun) or Villa Emo (Mon), both splendid examples of Palladian country houses. Although the Villa Barbaro is more famous because of its famous frescoes by Veronese, the Villa Emo is also an important Palladian Villa with delightful gardens and frescoes by Palladio's favorite artist Zelotti. Your day concludes with a casual wine tasting at a local winery, located in the Prosecco wine region, which offers stunning views of the terraced slopes thickly planted with vines.
After a refreshing glass or two of Prosecco wine, relax as you'll return back to Venice.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- A/C Mercedes minivan
- Visit to Marostica, Bassano del Grappa, Asolo
- Entrance fees to Villa Barbaro or Emo
- Casual wine tasting at selected winery in the Prosecco wine area
Isola Nova del Tronchetto, 500, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Tronchetto 'B' DX, where you'll find your guide waiting for you on the platform of the water-bus line n. 2 station, holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it
- All Palladian Villas are privately owned, so that we aren't responsible if owners decide to close their villas on days when they were scheduled to be open.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly for alternative routes suitable for you.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 participants.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- 1st November - 5th January
- Friday, Saturday at 8.00 am
- 1st February - 31st March
- Friday, Saturday at 8.00 am
- 1st April - 31st October
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 8.00 am
The Jewish Museum of Venice is characterized by a unique architectural museum complex. What was the ...
This is a combination city tour, of 4 of the most popular tours in Venice and the best way to spend ...
Make your way through the narrow alleys of Venice, stopping off to try some local specialities and r...
Take part in an original New Year's Eve party in Venice at Palazzo Contarini della Porta di Ferro, h...
After a fascinating boat ride in the Lagoon you will reach Murano, known throughout the world for th...
Join this tour and discover the island of Murano, the world-famous place known for its ancient glass...