Karlovy Vary and Marianske Spa day trip from Prague
- Discover the Czech Republic's best known spa and springs
- Take a walk along the Tepla River
- Visit the Moser glass factory museum in Karlovy Vary
- See Mariánské Lázne and its famous cross spring
This day trip from Prague combines a tour of Karlovy Vary with a visit to Marianske Lazne, another Czech spa.
The founding of Karlovy Vary, the most well known Czech spa, has been traced back to 1358 when Emperor Charles IV built a hunting lodge in its vicinity. The 12 famous springs average a temperature of 72°C, the most famous being Vrídlo. During your walk along the Tepla River (its name means "warm") and the majestic Neo-Renaissance colonnades, you will have a chance to taste different mineral waters and purchase souvenirs.
Karlovy Vary is also famous for its local china and glass manufacturing industry. These products are on display at a special exhibition and are sold at specialized shops. The spa was visited by many rulers and artists including Goethe, Chateaubriand, Chopin, Beethoven, Brahms and Dvorak. After lunch, you will visit the Moser glass factory museum and glass shop as well as the Thun porcelain shop. Next, you will go to the famous Marianske Lazne known for its curative springs. The program includes a tour of the spa area with its unique historical architecture, a sampling of the spa waters from the famous Cross Spring, and a visit to the ancient colonnades.
- Tour of the spa area at Marianske Lazne
- Admission to the Moser Glass Factory Museum
- Pick up
- Tour guide
- Children 3-10 years old: reduced
- Children 2 years old and under: no charge
Národní 38, 110 00 Praha
Tour departs from the Gray Line office in 38 Narodni St, Prague 1 or you will get picked up from your hotel
- This tour is available in English, German, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian
- Cancellations made within two hours of service date will be charged in full; more than two hours notice is fully refundable
- Due to the pedestrian zone no pickup from hotels in the following streets possible: Vladislavova, Václavské námestí, Jungmanova, Spálená, Národní trída, Perlová, Rytirská, 28.ríjna, V kotcích, Havelská, Skorepka, Konviktská, Bartolomejská, Karolíny Svetlé, Jilská, Ostrovní, Karlova, Melnatrichova, V jirchárích, Husova
- For those not using Hotel Pick-up, please meet at Narodni Trida 38, Prague 1
- Please indicate the language of your choice
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: 9.00am
The Prague Card gives you free admission to over 60 attractions listed in the Prague Card map, as we...
Get to know Karlovy Vary with its beautiful colonnade in the form of an all-day bus trip. When touri...
Thanks to its gorgeous church, Kutná Hora is a perfect place to visit from Prague. Visit this beauti...
Book your Prague City Pass and head straight for the entrance to Prague attractions without waiting ...
Visit the 14th Century Karlstejn Castle, one of the most impressive Gothic castles in the Czech Repu...
As dusk falls and the crowds thin, your guide will take you through the heart of Old Town, across th...
Perched atop a high plateau, Prague Castle reigns majestically over the city below. Your guided walk...
Start your 2.5-hour guided tour at the Charles Bridge, where your guide will provide a short overvie...
Memorias de Praga es la visita perfecta para tomar un primer contacto con la ciudad. Durante 2,5 hor...
Save time and avoid hassle on your holiday. This skip-the-line opportunity allows you to avoid the l...