Kutná Hora private day trip from Prague
- Explore the magnificent Sedlec Cathedral and Ossuary with breathtaking bone decorations
- Visit a real medieval silver mine and get to know the life of the miners
- Admire the pride of Kutná Hora’s citizens, St. Barbara’s Cathedral
- Take a look at an Italian Court, a king’s residence and the only Royal mint of Czech kingdom
Kutna Hora is a UNESCO site, a former economic capital of Europe and a source of wealth for the Czech kings for centuries. Explore this wonderful city with your private guide and see the process of minting, visit a medieval silver mine, admire stunning St. Barbara’s cathedral and see a breathtaking Sedlec Ossuary, a place where human bones are the one and only decoration.
Your guide will meet you conveniently at your Prague hotel and walk with you to the train station. For the next hour, you will be in the train passing the beautiful landscape of Central Bohemia. During this time, your guide will give you a brief introduction into the history of Kutná Hora from its foundation till the time of its biggest glory.
Your first stop will be the formerly biggest Cistercian abbey in Central Europe with a stunning Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist. Just a few steps from the Cathedral lies the Cemetery Church of All Saint with Ossuary. You’ll get to know why and how the Ossuary was created and see the amazing art pieces, made out of human bones.
After a short bus ride to the city center, your guide will show you the Italian Court – a former Royal mint of Czech kingdom and residence of kings. A short lunch break in a delicious Czech restaurant will follow and you will then have a chance to dive into the life of silver miners in a museum dedicated to them. You will be dressed in a typical white coat with helmet and a flashlight experiencing a fascinating journey through a real medieval silver mine.
Your last stop will be the symbol of pride of Kutná Hora’s burghers, an amazing gothic cathedral of St. Barbara with original medieval frescoes on its walls.
At the end of your journey, your guide will take you back to the train station and you’ll enjoy a relaxing way back to Prague.
- Professional guide
- Transport tickets
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Student discounts if student (with valid ID card) is accompanied with paying adult
When making your reservation please insert your hotel name and address for your pick-up.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to Silver Mines Museum opening hours, the Italian Court Interiors (including the royal rooms of Czech kings) will be visited instead Mondays and from December to March)
- Silver Mines visit is not recommended for participants with claustrophobia or overweight. In those cases, Silver Mines Museum can be replaced with Italian Court Interior excursion
- Departure: 8:00 (based on the location of your hotel)
- Return to Prague: around 18:00
Your knowledgeable guide will explain what Operation Anthropoid was and who were the key players inv...
Waiting in line to visit a clock is a paradox of wasted time folding in upon itself. Of course, when...
Discover the most beautiful sights of Prague on an electric scooter. After you have met your guide a...
Discover the most beautiful sights of Prague on an e-scooter. After you have met your guide and rece...
Did you know that Prague is one of the most haunted cities in Europe and a place with a dark past? O...
When in Prague, don´t miss the "Magic flute" puppet show at the National Marionette Theatre. Beautif...