Private tour of Palazzo Grimani and its surroundings in Venice
- Discover a truly beautiful sixteenth-century aristocratic residence in Venice
- Visit the museum circuit and marvel at the frescoes, stucco work and marbles by famous sixteenth-century artists
- Get to see the VII-century founded Church of Santa Maria Formosa
If you're passionate about Venice and about art, this tour is definitely for you.
Accompanied by a private guide, you'll have the chance to visit Palazzo Grimani, a real gem of the Venetian history and architecture dating back to the sixteenth century. In fact, the palazzo housed Giovanni Grimani’s archaeological collection, one of the finest of the time, which was strikingly displayed on shelves, mantelpieces and plinths in settings such as the specially designed Tribuna and the courtyard.
The decoration of the rooms is of extraordinarily high quality, with outstanding stuccowork and frescoes reflecting the confidently unconventional taste of the Grimanis and executed by Mannerist artists such as Giovanni da Udine, Francesco Salviati, Camillo Mantovano, Francesco Menzocchi and Federico Zuccari. Marvel at the beauty of the frescoes and marbles all around you.
If you wish, you'll also have the chance to visit the VII-century Church of Santa Maria Formosa, just next to Palazzo Grimani, and the Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo.
- private tour guide
- tickets to Palazzo Grimani
Museo di Palazzo Grimani: Ramo Grimani, Castello, Venezia, VE, Italia
Meet your guide at the main entrance of Palazzo Grimani
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally high tide in Venice or heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- starting every day at 10.30 am and 3.00 pm
A great experience that will bring you to know the manufacture and glassblowing art. In front of you...
We start in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before divin...
Discover Venice and its two small islands including the most interesting sites and experiences: Rial...
Discover the secret corners of Venice from a double perspective on a 2-hour sightseeing tour on foot...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
Make your stay in Venice unforgettable with a dinner show evening at the magical and unique Theatre ...