Early access Sistine Chapel with St Peter's skip-the-line tickets and Crypts tour
- Access the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums well before the crowds
- Visit the Sistine Chapel 15 minutes before other tour groups and 1.15 hours before the general public
- This tour will allow you to focus on the biggest highlights of the Vatican
- See the tombs of the most important Popes in a special crypt beneath St. Peter's Basilica
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. Until now, an express visit for these two highlights was impossible due to long lines and crowds. With our Exclusive Partner’s Early Access, a two hour long escorted visit to the Chapel and Basilica is a reality. As the first group to step inside with a 15-minute head start on other groups and a 1 hour and 15 minute head start on the general public, you’ll also experience the Sistine Chapel in the best conditions.
Meet your tour escort just outside before official opening hours. You’ll notice the lines starting to form despite the fact the Museum doesn't open to the general public for another hour and 15 minutes. Even “Skip the Line” tour groups are already lining up. We’ll walk straight inside 15 minutes before everyone else, and use our head start to head straight for the Sistine Chapel, where we’ll be the first group to enter. On the way in, your tour escort will provide you with a description and then you are free to take in its beauty on your own. Inside Michelangelo’s magnificent chapel, the serene atmosphere created by the absence of crowds will give you the precious minutes to enjoy it as the Pope does.
After you have seen the Creation of Adam and the Last Judgment, it’s time to move on to St. Peter’s. Your tour escort will lead you through the side access to the Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel, avoiding the long lines that form outside. On the way over you’ll enjoy an introduction to the Basilica and the amazing sights you’ll encounter there. As you step inside, its beauty will blow you away. Here you’ll see Michelangelo's 'Pietà' and Bernini’s 96-foot-high baroque canopy.
After you have explored the main level of the Basilica, your tour escort will lead you down to the Papal Crypts in the space between the 4th century Basilica and modern-day St. Peter’s. At the conclusion of the visit, your tour escort will lead you outside to Bernini’s architectural masterpiece: St. Peter’s Square!
- Access to the Vatican Museums 15 minutes before other tour operators and 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-line entrance to St Peter's Basilica
- Visit of the Crypts beneath the Basilica
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (6-18 years old): reduced price
- Infants (0-5 years old): free
Viale Vaticano, 79-83, 00136 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- This service ends at St. Peter's Square at around 09.30am.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area. The group will not be able to wait for those who need to check their baggage.
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated.
- This tour goes straight to the Sistine Chapel with no bathroom or water break to give you as much time as possible in the chapel. Please plan accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
- For help with meeting points or other urgent issues, please phone (0039) 06 8336 0561.
- Our Tour Operator coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets with logo to be easily recognizable at the meeting point.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. The Tour Operator cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Guided visits inside Saint Peter’s Basilica are not permitted in the early morning due to mass being held. Instead your guide will deliver a full commentary from the Basilica porch. From there, you will be free to enjoy the artworks within the Basilica at your own pace, meeting your guide after the visit.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we're happy to offer customers an extended tour of the Vatican Museums. While we endeavour to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to the Basilica's opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- The Basilica Crypts are subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. In this case, the guide will endeavour to inform the tour group of when the crypts will be accessible and clients who wish to spend more time in the Basilica to wait for the crypt to reopen are welcome to do so. In this case, the tour will conclude on the Basilica porch overlooking St. Peter’s square.
Operating days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Meeting time: 07.05am
- Departure time: 07.20am
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Do you only have a couple of days in Rome? To make the most of your stay, this Rome walking tour cov...
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: vip entrance or vip entrance + audioguide...
Rome is famous also for its beautiful squares, portrayed in many movies. Visit them in this guided t...
The mighty Colosseum is most beautiful and mysterious at night. Make your way through the gladiators...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...
For Dan Brown fans - but not only - this guided tour is designed to help you learn about the secrets...
Enjoy the skip-the-line access to the Colosseum and uncover the history and the archaeological wonde...